Scribe Creates High-Performance Worksflows and Enhance Organizational Efficiency
Client - The Blood & Tissue Center of Central Texas USA
Scribe Product – Insight
Connector – Microsoft Dynamics GP
We deployed Scribe Insight in less than three days and generated ROI in less than a year. The solution now plays a major role in allowing our business operations to function smoothly and ensuring we always work with accurate accounting information.
Controller, The Blood and Tissue Center
As The Blood & Tissue Center of Central Texas deployed on-premise blood donor and online tissue donor tracking systems, the organization needed an efficient method for transferring data from the two systems into Microsoft Dynamics GP. Automatically transferring the data would eliminate the need to hire staff for manual data transfers. It would also accelerate the invoice process and eliminate the errors that inherently occur during manual data transfers.
FLEXIBILITY TO CONNECT ON-PREMISE AND ONLINE SYSTEMS TO MICROSOFT DYNAMICS GP
To take on the challenge, The Center turned to its trusted IT partner, Express Information Systems (EIS). EIS recommended leveraging Scribe Insight to connect both the blood donor tracking system and the tissue tracking system with Microsoft Dynamics GP. Featuring ease-of-deployment at a very favorable cost, Scribe Insight now operates automatically in the background. When transferring data every night, the software works so flawlessly that The Center no longer worries about the flow of data from the two donor systems.
STREAMLINED BUSINESS-PROCESS WORKFLOWS SUPPORTED BY ACCURATE DATA
With transaction data flowing automatically into Microsoft Dynamics GP, The Center can immediately generate accurate invoices for the healthcare organizations to which it provides blood and tissue donations. Management can also easily manipulate reports to analyze how well the organization is performing. In addition, the automatic flow of accurate data provides assurance to auditors that the information in Microsoft Dynamics GP is completely accurate—a valuable attribute given the heavily regulated nature of the healthcare industry.
From an operational perspective, The Center now has a smooth and reliable business workflow for all the transactions it processes every year—50,000 whole blood donations, 9,000 platelet donations, 200 tissue donations and the distribution of more than 3,000 implanted tissues. Scribe Insight also saves the organization from having to hire two full-time employees to manually transfer the data from the blood and tissue tracking systems into Microsoft Dynamics GP.
CHALLENGE: AUTOMATE DATA FLOWS INTO MICROSOFT DYNAMICS GP
- Prevent errors that occur when manually transferring data between systems.
- Reduce personnel costs by avoiding the need to hire personnel to manually transfer data.
- Create automatic data flows from both on-premise and online donor tracking systems.
SOLUTION: SCRIBE INSIGHT
- Enables easy creation of data mapping connections between systems.
- Provides flexibility to quickly create new data mappings when adding new products and functions.
- Automates process for data to flow into Microsoft Dynamics GP from on-premise and online
systems—without any staff intervention.
RESULTS: HIGH-PERFORMANCE WORKSFLOWS ENHANCE ORGANIZATIONAL EFFICIENCY
- Streamlines processing of 120K transactions per year—including 300+ daily invoices for 50+ clients.
- Ensures 100% data accuracy in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Eliminates need to hire two full-time personnel to manually input data.
- Generates auditor confidence in the accuracy of accounting data when verifying regulation compliance.
- Provides management with reliable reports on how the organization is performing.
- Accelerates invoice generation.