Scribe Online’s graphical mapping environment and pre-built connector for Salesforce allowed Quark Expeditions and TCS World Travel to integrate each of their Salesforce/Softrip application sets in less than eight weeks.
Client - Quark Expeditions (http://www.quarkexpeditions.com), TCS World Travel (http://www.tcsworldtravel.com)
Scribe Product – Online
Connector – Salesforce
Our sales teams now have immediate access to accurate leads that come in through our marketing and reservation systems. This enables us to respond to customers more quickly and adjust if we need to accelerate the sales process.
IT & Digital Director, North American Specialists Division, TUI AG Group
Sister companies Quark Expeditions, a leader in polar adventure travel, and TCS World Travel, a leader in private jet expeditions, are two of the eight North American travel organizations in the TUI Group and each deployed Salesforce to capture information from customers who contacted them through their call centers and their websites. But while Salesforce helped the sales teams gained better access to the customer information, the sales process was still complicated because other information, such as information on travel inventory, including the costs and itineraries, new leads and bookings, were stored in different systems.
SCRIBE CONNECTORS ENABLE INFORMATION TO EASILY FLOW ACROSS MULTIPLE SYSTEMS
To improve the efficiency of their specific sales organizations, the two companies knew they needed to integrate Salesforce with their reservation system. Plus, the companies thought they could improve the customer experience and drive even greater sales efficiency by making customer, inventory and reservation information readily available within one single system of record, i.e. Salesforce. The two companies solved the challenge by turning to Scribe Online. Sales teams at both Quark Expeditions and TCS World Travel now have instant access to bookings made through their call centers, real-time pricing information, and leads from their websites so they can react to customers more quickly. The sales teams can also easily see their progress toward closing new business and adapt their approach with each customer when necessary.
THE OPPORTUNITY: GAIN REAL-TIME ACCESS TO LEADS TO CLOSE MORE BUSINESS
Quark Expeditions and TCS World Travel each had their own customized instance of Salesforce for managing customer information. They both also utilized HubSpot for marketing automation and Softrip for tracking reservations from the company websites and call centers. The Salesforce CRM platform had been implemented to improve communications with customers and to give sales agents a more efficient process for closing new business. But the sales team still had to use multiple systems to check the inventory or pricing of different travel adventures and to see the bookings that had been made via the website or call center. These disconnected systems slowed the sales process. To streamline the sales process at each company, Quark Expeditions and TCS World Travel wanted to find an integration solution that could unite each company’s customized installations of Salesforce and Softrip.
- Identifying an integration solution that worked well with all three software solutions and would simplify the creation of data mappings between systems.
- The internal IT team had limited resources, but did not want to incur the expense of hiring an outside firm for programming services.
- Finding a simple-to-use solution that also offers flexible data mappings was critical as the two companies utilize different process flows. Each company also configures the CRM, marketing and reservation systems to meet their particular needs. The data mappings to integrate the three solutions would thus be unique as well.
THE SOLUTION: SCRIBE ONLINE
- Quark Expeditions and TCS World Travel found the answer to these challenges by turning to Scribe Online. They selected Scribe Online because it provides an easy methodology for creating data maps among a wide range software solutions—including Salesforce and Softrip.
- Scribe integrates Salesforce and Softrip allowing customer booking information coming from Softrip to flow seamlessly into Salesforce so that Salesforce is the system of record. This eliminates the need for sales to access different systems and/or manually re-key information from one system to another.
- By integrating Salesforce and Softrip, the two companies have also generated several key benefits. Sales agents now have instant access to new leads while sales managers can track the progress of agents—in case any sales opportunities need to be reassigned. The connected systems also give the sales team real-time access to vacation trip pricing and reservation availability so that they can instantly respond to customer inquiries.
RESULTS: A SINGLE SYSTEM OF RECORD LEADS TO BETTER SALES PERFORMANCE
- Scribe Online’s graphical mapping environment and pre-built connector for Salesforce allowed Quark Expeditions and TCS World Travel to integrate each of their Salesforce/Softrip application sets in less than eight weeks.
- Each company now has a single system of record where inventory information is entered once and automatically propagated across the other systems so that no information needs to be re-keyed. Within each company, sales agents now have instant access to the information they need to better service their customers, such as new leads and inventory information (pricing, itineraries and more). Plus, sales managers can get real-time updates on the status of leads so they can adjust the team’s priorities if the progress on opportunities needs to be accelerated.