Scribe Enabled a Smooth Transition of CRM On-Premise Platform to New Cloud CRM Platform Delivering the Required Data-Transfer Capabilities With a Low Total-Cost-of-Ownership. Migrating 16,000 Account Records Efficiently—With Full Account Information and Opportunity History—to Enable Company to Capitalize on New Salesforce® Platform.
Client - Empower Software Solution
Scribe Product – Online
Connector – Salesforce
Thanks to how smoothly Scribe transfers data, it was business-as-usual for our sales and service teams—even though we went through a major CRM platform migration.
Dana De Zoort
System Analyst, Empower Software Solutions
To enhance the capabilities of mobile users, Empower Software Solutions planned a major CRM transformation—migrating from an on-premise solution to the cloud-based Salesforce® platform. In addition to leveraging the advanced customer relationship capabilities that Salesforce® offers, Empower wanted to capitalize on the benefits of the cloud, which eliminates the need to invest in server hardware and resources to maintain the software.
ENSURING EFFICIENT CLIENT INTERACTIONS WHILE MOVING ACCOUNT DATA
A key challenge in completing the transformation involved successfully moving all of the data from the on-premise solution over to the Salesforce® platform. In addition to client accounts and opportunities, Empower needed to transfer service history to ensure client interactions could continue proceeding smoothly following the migration. In collaboration with Blue Peak Solutions, a technology company that specializes in custom CRM solutions, Empower placed its trust in Scribe Online Integration Services as the critical data-transfer solution to move all of its customer account information to Salesforce®.
TWO-PHASE APPROACH KEEPS SALES AND SERVICE OPERATING SMOOTHLY
Taking a two-phase approach, Blue Peak first integrated all sales account and opportunity information so the Empower sales team could continue to efficiently close on business and foster client relationships. Blue Peak then integrated service history data, which enabled the client support team to properly manage ongoing engagements. Based on how successful the data migration transpired, Empower is now considering Scribe for its next integration project, which involves creating on-going data mapping connections between Salesforce® and their financial platform.
CHALLENGE: MIGRATE CRM WITH NO DISRUPTIONS
- Migrate data from on-premise CRM system to the Salesforce® platform.
- Execute the data transfer smoothly so sales and service teams can continue addressing client needs efficiently
- Enable internal desktops and mobile devices to access customer account, contact, sales opportunity, and service history data.
- Identify a CRM migration solution that also accommodates data integration with other critical systems, such as financial platforms.
SOLUTION: SCRIBE ONLINE AND SALESFORCE®
- Enables smooth transition of CRM on-premise platform to new cloud CRM platform.
- Delivers required data-transfer capabilities with a low total-cost-of-ownership.
- Facilitates online collaboration with IT partner for complex mapping requirements.
- Features user-friendly, data mapping functions that internal resources can easily and quickly manipulate.
RESULTS: BUSINESS-AS-USUAL FOR SALES AND SERVICE
- Migrates 16,000 account records efficiently—with full account information and opportunity history—to enable company to capitalize on new Salesforce® platform.
- Allows sales and service to maintain effective interactions with clients by providing the ability to see all account history.
- Provides easy access to CRM data for both mobile and internal network users.
- Offers the flexibility to integrate Salesforce® with their financial application which currently require a full-time data-entry resource for manual data transfers.