Scribe helped Cognex reduce the time required to integrate team records in Microsoft Dynamics™ CRM with information in Microsoft Excel by as much as 97%
Client - Cognex Corporation
Scribe Product – Insight
Connector – Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Excel, Oracle, OracleERP
Any business using Microsoft Dynamics CRM that needs to import data should rely on Scribe Insight—it's clearly the most effective integration app. Using Scribe Insight, we can easily integrate data from two systems without relying on SQL DBA resources. The GUI eliminates the need to remember command lines and calls so we can quickly create complex integrations.
IT Applications Team Lead, Cognex
Cognex Corporation wanted to give their sales force greater reporting capabilities so sales representatives and their managers could better assess sales results, facilitate the closing of additional business, and improve the overall efficiency of the sales team. To achieve this mission, Cognex needed to consolidate Microsoft Excel data and data from an Oracle® ERP platform into a CRM platform. Doing so would allow the sales team to access the required information without logging into the ERP platform.
SCRIBE INSIGHT ENABLES FAST INTEGRATION OF CRM, ERP, AND SPREADSHEET DATA
After deploying the Microsoft Dynamics® CRM platform, Cognex turned to Scribe Insight as the key integration component. Because Scribe came highly recommended by Edgewater Technology, a trusted Microsoft solution provider and Scribe Elite Partner, Cognex did not consider any other alternative. Scribe Insight made it easy for Cognex to automatically transfer information from Oracle and Microsoft Excel into Microsoft Dynamics CRM in real time. Cognex can now integrate data quickly whenever the need arises for the sales and marketing teams to manipulate data in a particular way or to create complex records.
INCREASED FORECAST ACCURACY HELPS SALES TEAM STAY ON TARGET
Cognex has reduced the required time to integrate team records in Microsoft Dynamics™ CRM with information in Microsoft Excel by as much as 97%. Scribe assists by providing multiple users with access to the same records while also helping maintain security so that only the right people can see restricted information. Sales can now predict closed business more accurately, which is critical given the long sales cycles Cognex contends with. Sales managers can also better identify the strengths of the sales team, and determine when reps are falling behind in their sales efforts need to change their activities.
CHALLENGE: ENHANCE SALES ANALYSIS CAPABILITY
- Provide sales with access to customer and order information without granting access to the corporate ERP platform.
- Enhance sales team ability to generate reports that compare sales results to forecasts.
- Import Microsoft Excel data into CRM platform to enhance data-modification capabilities.
- Upload ERP data automatically into CRM system to keep sales informed of customer activity.
SOLUTION: SCRIBE INSIGHT AND MICROSOFT DYNAMICS™ CRM
- Integrates easily with Microsoft Excel and Oracle® ERP solution.
- Enables non-technical, internal resources to easily create new integrations.
- Synchronizes data between CRM (predicted results) and ERP (actual results) systems.
- Offers increased flexibility in the types of reports sales can generate.
- Provides flexibility to integrate additional internal apps (website and e-mail campaigns) that funnel leads into the CRM platform.
- Offers flexibility for individual sales reps to modify their own reports.
RESULTS: IMPROVED SALES PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENTS
- Ensures all leads generated by marketing transfer to the sales team.
- Provides sales with real-time access to leads through single source of information.
- Helps sales compare forecasted activity to final results.
- Assists with closing on business requiring long sales cycles.
- Helps identify when sales activities need to be modified.
- Provides accurate sales results back to marketing team for campaign evaluation.