Scribe Helped Blendtec Lower Warranty Cost, Better Customer Service and More Accurate Sales and Inventory Metrics by Improving Information Accuracy Between the ERP and CRM Systems
Client - Blendtec
Scribe Product – Insight
Connector – Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Power BI
Scribe has made a dramatic difference to our customer service operation. Scribe has significantly improved our ability to process website orders and to quickly handle customer inquiries without the need for additional research.
Business Systems Team Lead, Blendtec
As Blendtec experienced rapid growth, the company deployed Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online to gain more robust ERP capabilities and enhance customer interactions. At the same time, Blendtec wanted to improve operational efficiencies and access to data by integrating the two platforms. Achieving this objective would allow personnel across the entire organization to access real-time information from just one application rather than bouncing back-and-forth between systems.
SCRIBE CONNECTORS ENABLE INFORMATION TO EASILY FLOW ACROSS MULTIPLE SYSTEMS
To solve the integration challenge, Blendtec turned to Scribe Insight. With pre-built connectors that make it easy to exchange data between Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM Online, Scribe allows the Blendtec sales, marketing and customer service teams to keep working in Dynamics CRM Online when they need to access operational data in Dynamics AX—including product, serial number and customer order information. This makes it much easier to provide both retail customers and end-user consumers with immediate information.
The accounting team and other personnel such as shipping, production and purchasing— who primarily work in Dynamics AX—also have instant access to real-time information on customers and new accounts imported by Scribe from Dynamics CRM Online. Scribe connectors also stage the ERP and CRM data so that it flows more easily into the Microsoft Power BI business intelligence platform. From there, senior management can view reports that help them analyze KPIs and make informed decisions on how to best run the company.
INTEGRATIONS ENABLE DATA-DRIVEN DECISION-MAKING
In addition to deploying Scribe for integration between Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM Online, and to stage data for Power BI, Blendtec also relies on Scribe to pull information from the company website into Dynamics CRM Online. The data integrations across all of these systems generate several key results.
For example, product warranties and returns are now tracked more accurately so that Blendtec provides warranty services and grants return credits only when products properly qualify. And with more real-time visibility into the status of inventory and orders—including orders submitted to the company website—the sales and service teams can now respond more quickly to customer inquiries. With Scribe enabling website order information to flow automatically into Dynamics CRM Online, Blendtec can also more quickly identify fraudulent orders as well as legitimate orders with incomplete information.
By integrating data across multiple systems, Scribe has in effect helped integrate Blendtec at an organization level—eliminating processes that are inefficient due to a lack of information. Personnel across the entire organization can now access more complete information on customers and products so the company as a whole can provide a higher level of service and keep operations functioning more efficiently.
Blendtec has set the stage to gain additional operational efficiencies because it can also use Scribe to bring data from different systems into Microsoft Power BI, its business intelligence solution, and deliver a more accurate measurement of Blendtec’s key performance indicators (KPIs). As a result of enhancing the overall flow of data across the company, Blendtec has begun its journey towards becoming a data-driven business for making decisions—where many more people throughout the organization can gain easy access to real-time, accurate information.
CHALLENGE: REDUCE WARRANTY AND SERVICE COSTS BY IMPROVING INFORMATION ACCURACY BETWEEN THE ERP AND CRM SYSTEMS
- Lack of integration between the CRM and ERP systems made it difficult for service teams to know the warranty periods for certain customers, leading to higher warranty/service costs.
- Service team had to look in multiple systems to process a single warranty request—using the ERP system to facilitate a replacement order and using the CRM system to enter notes. This was inconvenient and information quickly became out-of-date.
- The Goal: Provide service and sales teams—which used the CRM system—with product, purchase, warranty, and other data stored in the ERP and other systems.
SOLUTION: SCRIBE INSIGHT CONNECTS CRM, ERP AND OTHER BUSINESS SYSTEMS
- Scribe’s robust Dynamics CRM Online and Dynamics AX connectors provide real-time data synchronization between the cloud and on-premises applications.
- Scribe’s Web Services connection links website orders with the ERP and CRM systems.
- Warranty information (including serial numbers and order information, such as shipment tracking numbers), which was previously available in the ERP system, is made available in the CRM system for the Service team to access.
- Scribe’s replication services pushes data into Microsoft Power BI to generate sales reports and inventory aging reports.
RESULTS: LOWER WARRANTY COSTS, BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MORE ACCURATE SALES AND INVENTORY METRICS
- Warranty costs have dropped because Blendtec is no longer providing free warranty services due to a lack of warranty or product information.
- The time to close customer service cases dropped dramatically because customer service agents can now handle customer inquiries without the need for additional research.
- Customers receive information on shipments and orders in real time—an important step toward creating a portal for customer self-service.
- KPI and operational reports from Power BI help Sales get a more accurate picture of gross and net sales (with returns taken into account) and enable the shipping department to get a real-time view of inventory.