As Connexus Energy prepared to transition its ERP platform from Oracle® to Microsoft Dynamics® GP, the company faced a key challenge: training IT to maintain and support a SQL ERP database. To ease the transition, Connexus wanted to identify a data integration solution to streamline the process for mapping data flowing into Microsoft Dynamics® GP from several enterprise applications that help the company manage its overall operations.
EASE-OF-USE ESTABLISHES SCRIBE AS TOP ALTERNATIVE
After considering multiple solutions, Connexus selected Scribe as the key data integration component—not only for smoothly transferring data into Microsoft Dynamics® GP, but also to serve as the data link among all enterprise applications. Scribe separated itself from the alternatives by offering the most user-friendly and easy-to-learn solution for quickly mapping data fields among multiple applications.
ALL KEY ENTERPRISE APPS NOW SHARE DATA
Scribe enables Connexus to easily connect all key enterprise systems. In addition to Microsoft Dynamics® GP, these include a Schneider Electric geographical information system (GIS), an Advanced Information System CRM solution, Cogsdale work management, ADP time entry, and a utility outage-management system—as well as customer data from website forms. Scribe allows Connexus to quickly set up simultaneous two way data transfers among all of its applications.
CHALLENGE: ENHANCE SALES ANALYSIS CAPABILITY
- Migrate company’s ERP system from Oracle® to Microsoft Dynamics® GP.
- Connect Microsoft Dynamics® GP to all key operations systems.
- Establish two-way data flows among all critical enterprise applications.
SOLUTION: SCRIBE AND MICROSOFT DYNAMICS® GP
- Enables all key operational data to flow into new ERP platform from other enterprise apps.
- Helps IT transition to managing SQL ERP database by providing an easy way to create data mappings.
- Reduces amount of time generating data maps so more time can be spent fine-tuning custom reports.
RESULTS: ELIMINATES DESIGN REKEYING AND DELIVERS MORE REAL-TIME DATA TO FIELD CREWS
- Eliminates the need to enter and maintain 128,000 customer data records in two separate systems by synchronizing all customer records.
- Improves resource efficiency by providing additional real-time information to field work crews servicing customers.
- Streamlines data consolidation so company can more easily generate KPI reports.
- Generates new reporting requests from business groups that realize the greater breadth and depth of information that is available with all critical enterprise apps now connected.