Scribe Insight 7.0, the latest version of our core integration product, is now available for download. Insight 7.0 is a major release for Scribe which incorporated feedback from over 100 customers and partners and took nearly a year to develop. 7.0 adds a number of significant pieces of functionality focused along the following themes:
- Improved Productivity: Scribe Insight has always been based on a very simple concept – Moving data from a SOURCE to a single TARGET. Scribe Insight 7.0’s new Multi-Target capability allows users to design integrations (Scribe DTS files) which include ‘steps’ that can operate on multiple target data sources or applications. By breaking the current source/target paradigm Scribe users will be able to develop sophisticated integrations much more simply and quickly than before.
- Greater Flexibility: With the new paradigm of multiple target connections in Scribe Insight 7.0 operations that were difficult, if not impossible, previously can now be accomplished simply. For example, with a Sales Order integration between CRM and ERP systems Sales Order data can be passed from CRM to ERP and then the ERP-assigned order number can be immediately updated back into the CRM system in a single operation.
- Streamlined Maintainability: Complex integrations can be developed with fewer moving parts in Scribe Insight 7.0. This means less time is required for development, modification and maintenance. Processes that previously consisted of multiple linked integrations (Scribe DTS files) now can be neatly organized into a single integration.
- Simplified Cloud Connectivity: Scribe Insight 7.0’s new multi-target capabilities coupled with the Web Services adapter provide a simple and convenient way to take advantage of commercial or custom web services during an integration process. Operations such as using a commercial web service to cleanse an address during an integration process are now easily possible in a single operation.
On Tuesday, July 6 Scribe will host a webcast on Insight 7.0. The webcast will cover new features in Insight 7.0 and will include live demonstrations and examples of how this investment in Insight can benefit your organization. Click here to register for the July 6 webcast.
We have added two new videos to help with the transition to Insight 7. You can access both of these videos as chapters in the Technical Resources vBook. The Insight 7 Tour and Training chapter gives an overview about what is new in Insight 7 and then gives demonstrations on how to get the most from the powerful new multi-target capability and other new features. The Upgrading Insight chapter teaches you the best practices for upgrading a Scribe Insight server, a Scribe Workstation, and Scribe adapters. This information will be helpful to you if you are planning to upgrade an existing Insight implementation to Insight 7.
If you already have access to the Technical Resources vbook, you can log in to your Scribe vOffice here.
If you do not have access to the Technical Resources vbook, you can register here using the word ‘technical’ as your registration code.
There are a number of resources available to help you learn more about Insight 7.0:
– Insight 7.0 software download (current partners and customers with Scribe OpenMind logins)