Scribe Insight Integrated The Thunder’s System With Other Key Data Sources Such As The Ticketing System And Fan Demographics To Help Increase Ticket Sales And Improve Fan Experiences.
Client - Oklahoma City Thunder
Scribe Product – Insight
Connector – Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Scribe enables standardization and real-time visibility into all customer data to improve both our sales and customer service activities.
Vice President, Oklahoma City Thunder
For the first two years after the Oklahoma City Thunder began operations in 2008, they sought ways to improve the business. The team turned to Microsoft Dynamics® CRM to help increase ticket sales and improve fan experiences. Leveraging Dynamics® CRM to its fullest extent required integrating the system with other key data sources such as the ticketing system and fan demographics.
IMPROVED CRM CAPABILITIES CONTRIBUTE TO SELL-OUT STREAK
Hitachi Solutions, which assisted the Thunder with the Dynamics® CRM deployment, recommended Scribe Insight to integrate all of the team’s key data sources. By enabling the organization to create targeted marketing campaigns from the fan and ticket data complied in Dynamics® CRM, Scribe played a key role in helping the Thunder start a sell-out streak that’s now at 100+ games and counting. The team also generated enough interest that 4,000+ fans are now on a waiting list for season tickets.
UNDERSTANDING FAN BEHAVIOR HELPS IMPROVE HOME-COURT ADVANTAGE
The Thunder also leverages Dynamics® CRM with data collected by Scribe from other sources to focus on enhancing fan relationships. This includes marketing campaigns to increase television audiences, grow merchandise sales, and build fan excitement during games to increase the team’s home-court advantage.
CHALLENGE: UNDERSTANDING FAN PREFERENCES
- Increase amount of discretionary income spent by fans during home games by understanding why they come to the stadium.
- Generate real-time fan information to help create ticket, television, merchandise, and concession marketing campaigns.
- Integrate process for storing and accessing information so sales and marketing can consistently leverage information to improve fan relationships.
SOLUTION: SCRIBE INSIGHT AND MICROSOFT DYNAMICS® CRM
- Dynamics® CRM provides central repository for all customer data.
- Scribe Insight integrates Dynamics® CRM with key data sources—ticket sales, attendance, and fan profiling.
- All fan and ticket-buying information now resides in central database with hundreds of data fields to create wide range of fan segments for targeted marketing campaigns.
- Stores all attendance, financial, ticket order and ticket history data in one database that generates accurate, real-time KPI reports.
RESULTS: SELL-OUT STREAK SURPASSES 100 GAMES
- Helps the franchise continue on-going streak of consecutive sell-outs that has surpassed 100 games.
- Improves ability to tailor in-stadium marketing campaigns based on fan preferences, which improves overall fan experiences.
- Facilitates raising fan excitement levels during games to enhance the team’s home-court advantage over its opponents.
- Provides marketing data that helps team increase brand-promoter-rating with a Net Promoter Score of 91.2—the top rating among all NBA teams two years in a row.
- Enables marketing to automatically upload fan and ticket data into marketing automation tool to increase overall efficiency of marketing workflows.